While Georgia's Dawg Night event is huge for recruits in the current cycle, it is also an opportunity to host the top underclassmen in the country.
Some 2014, 2015, and 2016 recruits will be in attendance for the Friday night event at Sanford Stadium, and some currently hold an offer from the Bulldogs while others are trying to earn one.
The Bulldogs already have three 2014 commitments from Walton Academy running back Stanley Williams, Sandy Creek wide receiver Demarre Kitt, and St. Pius defensive back Nick Glass, and are looking for more.
Recruiting is the lifeblood of college football, so the Georgia coaching staff is undoubtedly looking down the road and looking to identify, build relationships with, and impress the top underclassmen talent in the country.
Here is a quick look at some of the most talented underclassmen attending Dawg Night on Friday.
Underclassmen with an Offer
• Korie Rodgers (2014 linebacker, Buford) - The Bulldogs offered Rogers last month at the 7on7 event hosted by UGA. Rogers grew up a Georgia fan but now says that he has no allegiance to a team. He is easily one of the most versatile and dynamic players in the Peach State for 2014.
• Wesley Green(2014 defensive back, Martin Luther King ) - Green has held a Georgia offer since early spring, and is one of the most electric players in the entire country for the 2014 class. His length and athleticism make him and ideal fit for any defensive back field, and all signs point to the Bulldogs being a serious contender.
• Jeb Blazevich(2014 tight end, Christian High, Charlotte, N.C.) - Blazevich is one of the top tight ends in the country for 2014, and the Bulldogs offered in during the spring evaluation period. He has developed a close relationship with Georgia tight ends coach John Lilly, and told UGASports earlier in the week that he couldn't wait to meet head coach Mark Richt.
• Krenwick Height (2014 wide receiver, Wayne County) - Height was offered by Georgia in February, and has a relatively quite spring and summer. The big playmaker plans to be in Athens on Friday, and the Bulldogs are said to be one of his top teams.
• Raekwon McMillan (2014 linebacker, Liberty County) - Everyone in the country is familiar with McMillan, and he is an early candidate for the top player in Georgia for 2014. He visited UGA last month, and a second visit is confirmation that Georgia is one of his top teams. Ohio State and Alabama are also in the mix.
Underclassmen looking to earn an offer.
• Christopher Murphy (2014 defensive back, Lassiter) - Murphy was impressive at the Rivals Underclassmen challenge and will look to do the same in Athens on Friday.
• Josh Holton (2014 linebacker, George Walton Academy) - Holton is an explosive tackler with great instincts and is looking for his first offer at this point.
• Adrian Washington (2014 running back, Cedar Shoals) - Washington is a big, bruising running back with very good speed and could play linebacker at the next level. He is also has an Auburn offer and is in UGA's back yard.
• Dante Sawyer (2014 defensive end, North Gwinnett) - Sawyer has excellent length and solid get off. He should do well in 1on1 drills at Dawg Night.
• Andrew Williams (2014 defensive end, Eagles Landing) - Williams already has multiple offers and could be the best of a very talented group of pass rushers in the Peach State for 2014.
• Milan Richard (2014 tight end, Calvary Baptist) - On the hoof, Richard is extremely impressive. He is Herschel Walker's nephew and visited Athens last month for the Mark Richt Mini Camp.
• Myles Autry(2014 running back, Norcross) - Autry is in the shadow of teammate Alvin Kamara right now, but he is the top explosive offensive player in the Peach State for 2014. He could also challenge McMillan as the top player.
• Will Edwards (2014 quarterback, Briarwood Christian, Birmingham, Ala.) - Edwards is a big, sound quarterback who lives in Alabama but grew up a UGA fan.
• Johnathan Hawkins (2015 running back, Central Gwinnett) - Hawkins holds three major offers already and is a grown man at 15 years old. He is already on UGA's radar and could firmly plant himself there with a solid Dawg Night.
• Riley Nicholson (2015 athlete, Osceola High, Kissimmee, Fla.) - Nicholson is a versatile athlete with a ton of upside. He has had Dawg Night planned for months and has the ability to make a big impression.
• Nigel Adams (2016 running back, Central Gwinnett) - Remember this name as the rising freshman is already turning heads in Lawrenceville. Georgia will get the first look at him this Friday.
...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now!